《我聞你出生的啼哭聲》

差不多一年前post過這歌,並說要找岑牧的中譯詞,但直至月前岑牧回港,我才開口求到他給我,最近終於收到他的電郵,問准使用於此:

BORNING CRY 我聞你出生的啼哭聲
– composed by John Ylvisaker, 岑白堅中譯

“I was there to hear your borning cry 我聞你出生的啼哭聲,
I’ll be there when you are old 我終生與你同行.
I rejoiced the day you were baptized 你受洗時我為你歡呼,
to see your life unfold 展開生命之程.
I was there when you were but a child 你雖年幼我仍然關心,
with a faith to suit you well 身體力行你所信;
In a blaze of light you wandered off 轉瞬你己經隨波逐流
to find where demons dwell 尋惡魔的居所. ”

“When you heard the wonder of the Word 當你聽聞奇妙的聖道,
I was there to cheer you on 我仍與你在一起;
You were raised to praise the living Lord 曾教你讚美永生上主,
to whom you now belong 如今你仍屬祂.
If you find someone to share your time 你若與知己韶光共享
and you join your hearts as one 兩心相印摯誠真,
I’ll be there to make your verses rhyme 我保守你一生情意濃
from dusk ’till rising sun 從黑夜到黎明.”

“In the middle ages of your life 如日中天奔走人生程,
not too old, no longer young 年華已去老將至,
I’ll be there to guide you through the night 黑夜漫漫我引你往前,
complete what I’ve begun 未完之工將成.
When the evening gently closes in 正當黃昏夜幕低落垂,
and you shut your weary eyes 疲倦雙眼欲閉睡,
I’ll be there as I have always been 我仍舊時刻與你同在
with just one more surprise 令你深覺驚奇.”

“I was there to hear your borning cry 我聞你出生的啼哭聲,
I’ll be there when you are old 我終生與你同行.
I rejoiced the day you were baptized 你受洗時我為你歡呼,
to see your life unfold 展開生命之程.”

3 thoughts on “《我聞你出生的啼哭聲》

發佈留言

發佈留言必須填寫的電子郵件地址不會公開。 必填欄位標示為 *